Holiday Rentals

I've just put the house back on Holiday Rentals. The site claims to be the biggest and best advertising website for self-catering rentals in Europe, if not the world, and has links to international sites and translation into a number of languages as part of the service. We were on it before, but although we got lots of enquiries, they didn't translate into bookings, so I let it lapse. They sent us a high proportion of time-wasters (notably Americans who didn't seem to know that Spain is in Europe) and a gentleman who wanted me to send several thousand dollars to Nigeria, which he promised of course to repay several times over upon arrival in Juviles.

On the other hand Villarenters gave us only about four leads over the same period, but each resulted in a proper booking. HR charges a fee to advertise but no commission, while VR gives you a free listing and charges 10% of the booking, also handling credit card payment and a security deposit, which is handy. I decided to have another go with HR as they seem to do very well for another property we know just outside Juviles. That and the fact that I'm a sucker for special offers, and they gave us a discount for renewing the listing. So go on and prove me wrong and book our beautiful house through Holiday Rentals. I need a week's booking to pay for the ad.

If you operate a site - or you know of one - that our house should be on, please post a comment or email me with details. I'd be interested to read opinions from other property owners. También en español.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

have you tried your property on Holiday Lettings? I know several people who advertise on the site and sing its praises!

foreigntravel said...

There's also Owners Direct, which could help you bring in a lot of new bookings over the next year. A bit cheaper than Holiday Rentals as well, which is nice.